top of page

**Please contact your attorney for legal advice and assistance with transfers of real property interests.**



Once documents are provided, we will be able to determine if additional information is required and will notify you.

Direct Deposit

Currently, our company does not have direct deposit. Please be patient as we  are in the process of obtaining this feature. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.

Change of Address

In order to process a change of address, please refer to our change of address form. You will need to fill this out completely and mail, fax, or email it to Stacey Sheffield @  Please contact us with any questions. 

Life Tenancy


Life tenancy may also be referred to as a Life Estate. When the owner of a life estate dies, we will need a copy of the death certificate and the names, addresses and social security numbers of the persons who own the remainder and who succeed to the interest. In some instances, we will need further information, including the documents that origi- nally created the life tenancy and named successors.


Name Change: Individual / Company


When an individual’s name changes because of marriage, divorce, etc. furnish:

  • A copy of the marriage certificate, divorce decree or other document effecting name change.


When a company or corporation changes its name or merges, furnish:

  • A copy of the Certificate of Name Change or Certificate of Merger

Other Guardianships

When an owner is declared incompetent, furnish Letters of Guardianship issued by the local court. When a minor reaches legal age, we will need a copy of their birth certificate.

Sale of Interest

For a full or partial conveyance of a mineral, royalty, overriding royalty or working interest, furnish:

  • A copy of the conveyance document recorded in the county and state where the property is located.

  • If an unrecorded instrument is submitted, the interest will be suspended (unless otherwise requested) until we are provided with a recorded copy.

Setting up a Trust

  • When a trust is created, Xtreme Energy Company will require copies of the Trust Agreement AND either the

    recorded conveyance into the trust OR a copy of a recorded Memorandum of Trust (recorded in the county where the property is located).

  • When a trust is dissolved, we will need a copy of the instrument of dissolution and other appropriate recorded conveyances.



We will need copies of the court order appointing the Trustee, and if appropriate, the recorded conveyances and the court order confirming any sales.


Termination of Joint Tenancy Upon Death of One Owner


Please furnish a copy of the death certificate and the social security number of the new owner. In Oklahoma, an Af- fidavit of Surviving Joint Tenant should be filed of record in the count where the property is located and a copy provided to Xtreme Energy Company.

Transfer on Death Deeds or Nontestamentary Transfer of Property

State statutes dictate the documentation required. Please provide a copy of the recorded Deed and the Death Certificate of the Grantor to enable us to determine how to proceed.

Please be certain to provide the address (and Social Security or Tax ID number if known) for each party listed as an heir/grantee.

Owner Death

Title to real property owned by the deceased party passes one of two ways – either by testate succession or by intes- tate succession. Testate is with a probated last Will and Testament while intestate is without a Will. In the absence of a Will, or if the Will has not been probated, title to real property passes according to the Laws of Descent and Distribution for the state in which the wells are located and NOT in the state of residence.


Depending on the circumstance, the documentation we must be provided is as follows:


Testate (probated Will)


Death Certificate


  • Copy of PROBATED Last Will and Testament, with Certificate of Filing containing Probate File number from Probate Court

  • Letters Testamentary naming the Executor or Personal Representative

  • Determination of Heirship, Judgment of Possession or other probate documents (if appropriate)

  • Final Decree of Distribution (if appropriate)

  • Provide proof that debts and inheritance taxes are


  • Recorded conveyance (if appropriate) to beneficiaries

  • Record a certified copy of the Will & Probate in the County/Parish where the wells are located.


  • Provide documentation of ancillary probate proceedings in the state where the well is located.



Intestate (without a Will / or Will not probated)


Death Certificate


• Copy of Will
• Affidavit of Heirship*
• Provide affidavit from an individual acquainted with, but not related to the deceased
• Signature must be notarized
• Affidavit MUST be recorded in the County/Parish where the property is located



Note: The State of Oklahoma does not accept probate from other states to transfer title to real property in Oklahoma. Ancillary probate is the only means of passing marketable title in accordance with the will.


*If your revenue payments are $100.00 per month or more, probate will be required and we will not be able to rely upon an Affidavit of Heirship to disburse revenue to the heirs.

bottom of page